A very close friend of mine (and a regular reader of this Blog) has mailed me that my previous blog post was all gloom and doom and certainly has been tending to that way for quite some time. I am an admirer of all frank and constructive criticism and on sober reflection i have come to the profound conclusion, that , for once, i may have been in the wrong- to rant and rave aout the ills of my life….without giving a thought to my loyal readers who came to these pages to be entertained and amused and not to be bored with all the petty slights fate threw my way.
I spent some time thinking about the purpose of this Blog and blogging in general- was this a private recitation of things bothering me? Was the purpose of my blog to let out the stuff which, for instance, I couldnt even confess to my real world friends? Should I rehash all the minutiae of my life in an online forum? For after all a Blog is online- it is not a private thing. If I really wanted to unburden my mind I should probably write a diary on MS Word and save it to my Desktop and not publish it like this online.
The friend has also adviced me to forget my frustrations and just show my attitude to the world….So here goes I am going to try and see if my pluses outweigh my minuses:
1) I am Tall, Strong and Healthy- this may seem commonplace to you- but if you think again and again, you will find that not many men have all three qualities at once. I know many of my friends – who are neither strong nor healthy- even if they make more money than me. But thankfully, having been a former fat-person, I have spent a lot of time taking care of my body- that I still possess the arteries of a person five years younger to me..which means I am far more healthy than my peers. And having no bad habits helps too.
2) Education and Job – well, although I hate to boast, I should confess that I am fairly well educated having earned a Post-graduate degree through the hard way- pure merit. And doubly blessed that I have been able to join job after job, everytime I felt like moving on. Right from the day I have finished college I have always been employed and have earned a decent salary- enough for a comfortable life.
3) General attitude and temeperament – Starting out life as the off-spring of two lawyers has taught me early on the adage- stop getting mad, just get even. I have conquered to a large part my tendency for anger, and have cultivated a calm, serene personality. No one, including my parents, have ever seen me fly in to a rage or show anything except perfect equinanimity. That doesnt mean- I am all angel though- I do get depressed sometimes- but that usually follows jealousy- and that is the result of my frineds who have emigrated to America taunting me (through the net)that the best brains usually emigrate and the hopeless are the ones- left behind in India. That shouldn’t bother me much – because someday I too will find someway/someone to help me reach America……my trip is just delayed.
4) Marriage and stuff- Ok, Ok, its hard to count my blessings on this- I am on the wrong side of thirty and still a virgin. But what the heck, its not as if I am ever not going to be married- its just a little delay- because I am still not able to find the right girl to please both me and my parents at the same time. Come to think of it – the loss is not mine alone- its of all those girls out there who want to marry a genuine person. Where else are they going to find a guy, who is, even in this modern world(so full of temptations), pure- heart, soul and body. I can stand here straight and declare my purity to the world..how many men of my age(both married and unmarried) can do the same? They will probably not think even one second if they are offered free sex. To be a moral and upright prson is to take pride in oneself- like me.
5) My Parents- ha, this requires a little elaboration- my parents have always been very supportive of me in everything all my life- they have brought me up happy and contented and the only disagreements we have ever had – have been in the last few months- since we started my marriage search. They have their own ideas about my ideal wife and i have mine…mutually incompatible? I dont think so. If fate wills it so and by Gods grace- I should hopefully soon find a girl who is both pleasing to me and satisfies my parents.
So, Thats the end of my Last and final self analysis blog post- and thank you my dear friend- for putting me back on the right track- when I was slowly drifting off into depression and self-pity. This has cured my completely. I am not that badly off- compared to the world around me- and I count my blessings- including friends like you. Adios.